Due to the global Covid-19 health crisis, it is with a heavy heart that SRISA has officially canceled its Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 terms. This was not an easy decision, but after careful consideration, it was made in the best interest of student safety.
SRISA enthusiastically looks forward to resuming operations for the Spring 2021 semester for a shortened 12-week term. Dates and fees have been reduced for both housing and tuition.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
:: REGULAR PROGRAM OVERVIEW ::
NOTE: THE FOLLOWING NO LONGER APPLIES TO SUMMER 2020
Summer B 2020 Accredited Summer Program
SRISA offers American University level undergraduate courses taught in English in a variety of areas of study. All classes, with the exception of Italian, are taught in English. Most students choose to study for one or two semesters. Summer sessions are 4 weeks long and students enroll in 3-6 credit hours.
Classroom Structure & Instruction:
Academic Lecture Classes:
These classes meet every day for a total of 45 contact hours. Classes combine in-class lectures, discussion and on-site visits and instruction. Most academic courses are reading and writing intensive and will require a minimum of 6-9 hours of work outside of regular class-time.
These hands on courses meet every day for a total of 90 contact hours. Studio courses combine practical lessons, in-class demonstrations, and slide presentations. When possible students go on-site to work or visit exhibits or museums of relevance to the subject being studied. All courses require outside work and in-class critiques, both group and individual. Advanced studio courses may require written assignments and many require students to keep a sketchbook.
Grading and Evaluation:
Students are graded using the American University model of evaluation.
Summer B 2020 Calendar:
SUMMER B 2020: June 22 - July 23
- Apr. 15 Enrollment and Registration Deadline
- May. 20 Tuition Payment Deadline
- Jun. 22 Housing Check-In: 10am-7pm
- Jun. 23 SRISA Program Orientation
- Jun. 24 1st day of Class
- Jul. 22 Student Show
- Jul. 23 Housing Check-Out: By 10 am
Processing fee: $70
Program Deposit: $500 (The program deposit will be applied towards the full balance of tuition)
Studio Arts Course Tuition: $2,055
Lecture and Italian Course Tuition: $1,590
Maryville University in St. Louis Transcript (optional): $250 (this fee covers two consecutive semesters and two summer sessions, see transcripts for more information)
Second Course Discount: $200
Students enrolling in a second course will receive a $200 discount on their tuition.
Activities fee of $500 includes:
- Welcome Dinner
- Student Art Exhibit and Reception
- 1 SRISA Day Trip and 1 SRISA Overnight Trip or equivalent
- Cultural Program Activities and Events
- Access to SRISA Optional Excursions
- On Campus Internet and Library
Registering for Courses:
- Students can register for a maximum of 6 credit hours (Maximum 1 studio course) per session.
- Students must provide alternatives to their first choice courses or their course registration will be considered incomplete.
Summer B 2020 Courses:
Fine Arts Department
3D and 4D
Painting and Drawing
Special Programs Fine Arts
Liberal Arts Department
- Art History: The Italian Renaissance
- Michelangelo, Bernini, and Caravaggio
- Neuroesthetics: Creativity and the Brain
- Twentieth Century Italian Art
Literature and Writing
Marketing and Business
Political Science and Economics
Architecture and Interior Design
Housing at SRISA
SRISA arranges housing upon request for students enrolled at the school. It is a great opportunity for students to get to know one another while being immersed in the daily Italian life that greatly enriches their study abroad experience.
- Double occupancy room in a shared apartment
- Single occupancy room in a shared apartment
- Private apartment
- Arrange your own housing *
Housing costs include rent, reasonable utility usage, check-in service, staff assistance, and administrative fees.
Students are housed in residential apartments located within a 20-minute walk from SRISA. All apartments are fully furnished with the essential necessities for independent living.
- $250 Housing Deposit (see Deposit tab for details)
- $995 Double occupancy room in shared apartments
- $1,195 Single occupancy room in shared apartments
- Private apartments available upon request, click here to ask for more details
See Housing for more details.
Field Trips and Activities at SRISA:
Most courses integrate on-site visits to museums and exhibitions and at times require day trips. These excursions are considered an integral part of the course curriculum and attendance is mandatory. The fees for these excursions are not included in tuition fees and students will be invoiced separately after the end of the add-drop period for these excursions along with general lab fees.