Housing at SRISA
Housing arrangements are typically provided by SRISA for all students enrolled at the school. SRISA housing is a great opportunity for students to get to know one another while being immersed in the daily Italian life that greatly enriches their study abroad experience.
- Double (or Triple) occupancy room in a shared apartment
- When appropriate to the apartment layout, triple rooms may be assigned
- Single occupancy room in a shared apartment
- Private apartment *
- Arrange your own housing *
Housing costs include rent, reasonable utility usage, check-in service, staff assistance, and administrative fees.
Students are housed in residential apartments located within walking distance from SRISA. Apartments vary in size and amenities, and are fully furnished with the essential necessities for independent living.
Apartments are equipped with:
- Kitchen with refrigerator and stove, oven and/or microwave
- Dishes, pots, pans, flatware, and glasses
- Bathroom with shower and/or bath
- Blankets and pillows
Note: Students are required to bring a set of single/twin sized sheets and towels. Linens are not included.
Apartments vary in size with a combination of single and double occupancy bedrooms and on occasion triple occupancy (4-6 people average per apartment). None of the student apartments have air-conditioning, telephones, or drying machines (apartments typically have washing machines). Mature students or those with specific needs may want to inquire about a private apartment or arrange their own housing.
Most rooms in Florentine apartments are double occupancy. We cannot guarantee any student a single room. Students are required to indicate a second choice when submitting a housing application. If a single room is required for a medical reason, please submit a doctors note and/or additional information supporting your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-traditional age students, students with specific needs, or students accompanied by a family member may wish to request a private apartment. Private apartments are rented to an individual that is enrolled at SRISA. These accommodations are generally more expensive than shared apartments. Those wishing to stay in a private apartment should contact the Housing Coordinator at email@example.com.
Dates and Housing Fees
For SRISA Dates and Housing Fee information, please access our Dates and Fees page.
Students on Faculty Led Programs, refer to your program coordinator for dates and feees.
Check-in & Check-out:
Refer to the Dates and Fees (or your specific Faculty Led Program) for Housing check-in and check-out dates. You will not have access to apartments before or after the these dates. The apartment rental period starts on the check-in date and ends on the check-out date. Students remaining from one term to another will have the option of SRISA housing in between terms, although it may incur an extra fee. Students will not have access to their apartments at any other time before or after their program dates.
Arrival and check-in information will be sent to students along with housing assignments approximately 2-4 weeks before the start of the program. General information is provided on our Pre-Departure Information page.
* Students that wish to arrange their own housing or rent a private apartment may do so, unless from an affiliate institution or Faculty Led Program (in which case, check with the Study Abroad Office or program cordinator for their requirements). SRISA will not be responsible for any independently arranged housing. This includes check-in and check-out along with any issues that may arise.