SRISA works with over 50 Universities, agencies, and programs providing services and facilities to programs and faculty to develop their own customized summer or semester abroad program in Florence.
What SRISA provides:
- Facilities for visiting faculty to teach in, including (painting, drawing, printmaking, book arts, digital photography, analog darkroom photography, jewelry design, sculpture, fashion design, and lecture classrooms)
- Housing for both students and faculty
- Services & Program Management: a full program of services including: orientation, pre-departure assistance, field trip coordination, emergency assistance, and much more!
- Activities: Including Welcome banquets, final exhibitions of student work, and an extensive cultural program of lectures and activities help augment your program.
- An amazing staff of people to help build your perfect program in Florence and provide on-site support so that you can focus on teaching.
When can you propose a program: See calendar for exact dates
- Mini-May – 2 weeks
- Summer A – 4 weeks (approx. late May to late June)
- Summer B – 4 weeks (approx. late June to late July)
- Fall Semester – 15 weeks
- J-Session, Winter Program – 2 to 4 weeks
- Spring Semester – 15 weeks
- Spring Break
For more information on how we can help you build a Customized/Faculty-Led Program in Florence please contact Laelle Busch, Customized Programs Manager.
Why Choose SRISA:
- Our extensive experience in customized faculty programs makes us the top hosted faulty location in Florence, hosting between 40-50 visiting faculty every year.
- SRISA understands that teaching abroad is as important to study abroad, and we aim to help faculty manage their program so they can focus on teaching.
- We provide opportunities to network and socialize with faculty peers from all over the United States. Special social events for faculty provide the opportunity to meet other faculty teaching in Florence.
- Our flexible fee model and adaptability help you build the program that works best for you.