Permit of Stay Meeting
All students studying in Italy for more than 3 months are required by law to apply for a Permit of Stay and to have health insurance coverage. SRISA facilitates this process for students along with our partners at Eduitalia through a few meetings to collect paperwork and signatures once the students are in Florence.
The Permit of Stay costs approximately 200€. This fee will be added to the students’ Course Fees and Field Trip Invoice issued after the start of classes unless otherwise communicated.
The following materials are required to apply for the Permit of Stay:
- Permit of Stay Application (this will be emailed to students before arrival in Florence. This site is operated by our partners at Eduitalia who will be at orientation.)
- Your official passport
- 1 photocopy of the photo page of your passport
- 1 photocopy of the visa page of your passport
- 1 photocopy of your enrollment letters (stamped by the Italian Consulate)
- 1 photocopy of insurance policy or card covering your stay in Italy (You should check to see if your current policy covers you in Italy. If it does not we suggest you sign up for general travel and health insurance through HTH Worldwide or for local Italian health insurance through Eduitalia.)
Only photocopies are needed, not originals, but students should have access to the original documents as well.
Note: If students have EU citizenship they do not need to apply for a Permit of Stay.