Students Emergencies while in Florence:
Every student enrolled at SRISA has access to an emergency phone number provided at orientation. This number is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and is only available for true emergencies. SRISA staff members are available to assist students outside of office hours in the event that students should find themselves in need of assistance.
For emergencies during office hours, 9:00am-5:30pm Monday through Friday call +39 055-4627374 or +1 210-340-2675 (US office).
Out of town travel:
Students traveling out of town must report their travel plans to SRISA. This can be done online, the form is available here: Out of Town Travel Form.
Important Information on Medical emergencies:
For minor medical emergencies:
- Tourist Medical Clinic: They are open from 11:00am-12:00pm and from 5:00-6:00pm Monday through Friday. Doctors are on call 24/7 and they make house calls. Address: Via Roma 4, Tel. 055 475411. The visits cost approximately 40 Euro for an office visit, 70 Euro for a house call, and 100 Euro for a night call.
- Professional Medical Services: Via XXVII Aprile n. 19/red. New clinic next to the below pharmacy.
- Pharmacy: Farmacia: Via XXVII Aprile n. 23/Red. They are very friendly and have an English speaking staff.
- Filling Prescriptions: Students should not expect to have prescriptions mailed to them while abroad. Any medications or vitamins will be stopped in customs and students will be unable to retrieve them. Students should plan to bring enough medication for their entire stay in Florence, or plan to have a local medical doctor prescribe any medications locally. Students that will need to have prescriptions filled while in Florence, should check to ensure that their medication is available in Italy. For assistance prior to arrival, students should contact the US admissions office that can help obtain the information.
- Counseling: English speaking therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists are available in Florence. For information prior to arrival, please contact the SRISA admissions office for assistance. Most will accept insurance, however, it is advised that students check with their insurance provider prior to arrival for coverage information.
- More information in our Florence Guide: Medical
Serious Medical Emergencies:
In the event of a serious medical emergency requiring hospitalization or emergency assistance, students must contact a SRISA staff member, or the emergency contact as soon as possible. SRISA will assist students in the event of a medical emergency to make sure that students receive the best possible care, and are available to help translate in the event that medical personnel does not speak English.