SRISA Study Abroad Scholarships
The SRISA Scholarship Program provides an invaluable opportunity for prospective SRISA students to study abroad in Florence. The program is designed to recognize students who have excelled academically, are artistically talented, under-represented, or exhibit a financial need.
The SRISA Scholarships are awarded to a carefully selected group of students who have demonstrated discipline, integrity, tenacity, and a strong academic standing.
Scholarships are available for the Fall and Spring semesters only, with the exception of the Need-Based Scholarship, which is also available during the Summer A term (amount awarded will reflect Summer A tuition). Scholarship applicants must be enrolled full-time through SRISA and have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Scholarship Awards Per Semester
- Full Tuition Merit Scholarships
- Full Tuition Need-Based Work-Study Scholarships
- Diversity Scholarships: $3,000 Award
- Partial Tuition Work-Study Scholarships (Merit and Need-Based): $2,400 Award
- Returning Student Work-Study Scholarships: $2,400 Award
Students interested in applying for a scholarship must complete all application requirements and submit them by the deadline. Students will be contacted 30 days after the deadline to be notified of their status.
Scholarship Application Requirements
The application materials vary depending on the scholarship you are applying for: Merit, Need-Based, or Diversity. Below are the basic materials required for all scholarships. If applying for more than one SRISA scholarship, a complete application packet must be submitted for each individual scholarship. Please review the Scholarship Guidelines for a complete list of materials.
- SRISA enrollment application - required for general enrollment as well
- Official transcript - required for general enrollment as well
- Scholarship application
- Minimum two (2) professional reference letters
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement: minimum 300 words detailing why you feel you are a strong candidate, what you hope to gain from the study abroad experience, and how SRISA can contribute to your long-term goals.
SUMMER A 2018 Scholarship Application Deadline: February 1, 2018
FALL 2018 Scholarship Application Deadline: May 25, 2018
SPRING 2019 Scholarship Application Deadline: October 1, 2018
SUMMER A 2019 Scholarship Application Deadline: February 1, 2019
Note: SRISA scholarships and discounts are non-cumulative. If a student has been awarded both a scholarship and a discount, the greater of the two will be applied.