SRISA Study Abroad Scholarships
The SRISA Scholarship Program provides an invaluable opportunity for prospective SRISA students to study abroad in Florence. The program is designed to recognize students who have excelled academically, are artistically talented, and/or under-represented, but for whom study abroad would be a challenge without a scholarship due to financial need.
SRISA Scholarships are awarded to a carefully selected group of students who have demonstrated discipline, integrity, tenacity, and a strong academic standing.
Scholarships are available for Fall, Spring, and Summer terms. Scholarship applicants must be directly enrolled full-time through SRISA and have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Should you be awarded a full scholarship from SRISA, be aware that if you receive other forms of financial aid such as federal loans, grants, and outside scholarships, this may interfere with your ability to access our scholarship. It is your responsibility to double check with your study abroad and/or financial aid offices before you apply to confirm eligibility logistics. Awarded scholarships from SRISA may only be applied towards tuition fees and cannot be allocated for direct reimbursement to students or other study abroad fees.
- Full Tuition Need-Based Work-Study Scholarships
- Partial Tuition Need-Based Work-Study Scholarships
- Returning Student Work-Study Scholarships: $2,500 Award (full semester programs only)
Students interested in applying for a scholarship must complete all application requirements and submit them by the deadline. Students will be contacted within 30 days of the deadline to be notified of their status.
Scholarship Application Requirements
Below are the basic materials required for scholarships. A complete application packet must be submitted to email@example.com to apply for a SRISA scholarship; applications with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure all application materials are submitted. Please review the Scholarship Guidelines for a complete list of materials.
- SRISA enrollment application - required for general enrollment as well
- Official transcript - required for general enrollment as well
- Scholarship application
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (from professor, advisor, mentor, supervisor, etc)
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement: 300-500 words detailing why you feel you are a strong candidate, what you hope to gain from the study abroad experience, and how SRISA can contribute to your long-term goals.
- Statement of Financial Need: demonstration that study abroad would not be possible without a scholarship. This may include family income, number of household members, or other circumstances that may play a role in your financial situation.
- Most recent FAFSA SAR Report (for US citizens and permanent residents)
- For non-US citizens, non-US permanent residents, or students for which a FAFSA does not apply; a notarized document stating family income in relation to your nationality’s cost of living and average income/poverty level.
FALL Scholarship Application Deadline: May 10
SPRING Scholarship Application Deadline: September 10
SUMMER Scholarship Application Deadline: February 10
SRISA scholarships and discounts are non-cumulative. If a student has been awarded both a scholarship and a discount, the greater of the two will be applied.
SRISA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, political beliefs, or marital, veteran, or disability status in administration of its educational or admissions policies.