Studying Interior Design at SRISA
The Interior Design Department at SRISA provides beginning, intermediate, and advanced Interior Architecture and Design students with an in-depth look into the world of interior architecture and design as it is practiced in Italy and Europe. Focusing on the architectural design process, courses will equip students with the tools needed to shape the space in which we live as well as develop a personal design concept.
The program offers students the opportunity to explore hands-on design projects as well as study the history and materials that Italy has to offer. Projects and research will focus on sustainable and ethical design and students will have the opportunity to visit the most relevant historic and contemporary design projects in Italy.
Courses take place in SRISA's design studio equipped with Macintosh computers, Adobe Creative Suite, and 3D Design software. Interior Design students have excellent opportunities for internship and cooperative education experiences with local Florentine businesses.
Interior Architecture Courses:
Architecture and Interior Design
- Advanced Interior Design Studio: Contemporary Design in an Historical Setting
- Architecture Design Studio V (ISI)
- Architecture Design Studio VI (ISI)
- Architecture in Italy: History and Preservation (ISI)
- Feng Shui and Holistic Design
- History of Interiors
- History of Italian Design (ISI)
- Interior Design: Small Spaces Studio
- Landscape Architecture: The Villa and the Garden (ISI)
- Landscape as Monument: Nature and Gardens through the Ages
- Material, Light, and Surface
- Sketchbook Studies: Italian Architecture and Interiors
- Urban Florence: Traveling Across Layers (ISI)