The SRISA design department offers fashion, communication, and interior design students a fantastic selection of courses to choose from. While each department is unique, they share a commitment to sustainable, ethical design. Courses such as Design and Social Movements, Sustainable Fashion Design are examples of how SRISA is encouraging students to think and use design to make the world a better place.
Lecture courses such as The Italian Fashion Industry and Clothing and Society introduce students to the cultural, historical and conceptual framework of the fashion world. Studio courses in Fashion Illustration, Garment Construction and Textile Design provide students with the practical skills to work in the field.
SRISA works with Fuji Studios to provide students the opportunity to learn and create using Batik and SilkScreen processes. These courses promote cross-discipline thinking and creating with a focus on colors, design, and process to produce a wide variety of textile works.
Through hands-on experience, students are introduced to the basic elements of design and fabrication of contemporary and traditional jewelry. A solid foundation in workshop practices is combined with an emphasis on quality of design and craftsmanship.
The Communication Design department at SRISA offers a selection of beginning, intermediate, and advanced design courses to students coming from Graphic Design, Communication Design, and Illustration programs.
The Interior Design Department at SRISA provides beginning, intermediate, and advanced Interior Architecture and Design students with an in-depth look into the world of interior architecture and design as it is practiced in Italy and Europe.
- Branding Design
- Design and Social Movements in History
- Graphic Design for Artists: Photoshop(c), InDesign(c) and Illustrator (c)
- Graphic Design Studio
- Illustration Studio: From the Verbal to the Visual
- Interactive Media Design
- Self Promotion and Portfolio
- Sustainable Print Design
- VIRTUAL. Graphic Design Studio
- VIRTUAL. Interactive Media Design - Wine Edition
- Clothing and Society
- Creative Accessories Design
- Fashion Design Studio: Illustration and Construction
- Fashion Illustration I
- Fashion Illustration II
- Garment Construction I
- Garment Construction II
- History of Italian Fashion
- Sustainable Fashion and Ethical Clothing
- The Italian Fashion Industry
- VIRTUAL. Florence Fashion Renaissance
- Advanced Interior Design Studio: Contemporary Design in an Historical Setting
- History of Interiors
- Interior Design: Small Spaces Studio
- Material, Light, and Surface
- Sketchbook Studies: Italian Architecture and Interiors
- VIRTUAL. Interior Design in an Historical Setting