- Instructor: Patricia Silva
- Department: Fine Arts
- Area: Printmaking and Book Arts
- Credit Hours: 3, Contact Hours: 90
- Course Number (SRISA): SART 2301
- Course Number (Maryville University): ART 220
- Prerequisite: None
This course explores the expressive forms and history of printmaking while learning various printmaking techniques. Techniques to be explored include but are not limited to relief, letterpress, drypoint and monotype processes. The inter-relationships of these media to other art disciplines, specifically book arts, will be introduced. Students will explore several variations of these techniques in both individual and group projects.
SRISA studio courses will have personal and course materials to be purchased in Florence. A complete list will be provided with the syllabus on the first day of class.