- Instructors: Matilde Zampi, Angelo Persichilli, Martina Ghiandelli
- Department: Liberal Arts
- Area: Italian Language
- Credit Hours: 4, Contact Hours: 60
- Course Number (SRISA): ITAL 2101
- Course Number (Maryville University): ITAL 201
- Prerequisite: Intermediate Italian or the successful completion of an entrance exam given at the beginning of the semester.
This is a course for students who have completed two semesters of Italian Language, and who are interested in further developing their grammatical proficiency, pronunciation and reading comprehension. The course is a full emersion course where class lessons are taught in Italian from the first day, exposing students immediately to the language and developing the student’s listening and speaking skills. The course will focus on reading, vocabulary, grammar, written composition as well as conversation. Note: For students entering in advanced levels an exam is necessary to place the student in an appropriate level.