- Instructors: Angelo Persichilli, Martina Ghiandelli
- Department: Liberal Arts
- Area: Italian Language
- Credit Hours: 4 Note: summer courses are 3 credit hours with 45 contact hours, Contact Hours: 60
- Course Number (SRISA): ITAL 1102
- Course Number (Maryville University): ITAL 102
- Prerequisite: beginning Italian
This is a second level Italian language course for students who have a basic knowledge of the Italian language. This course builds on grammar and conversation topics introduced in the beginning level Italian class offered at SRISA. In addition to developing listening, reading and writing skills students will be introduced to the Italian culture through conversation topics including Italian literature, politics, current events, social customs, and music.