Introduction to Fashion Merchandising
- Instructor: Enrica Guidato
- Department: Design
- Area: Fashion Merchandising
- Credit Hours: 3, Contact Hours: 45
- Course Number (SRISA): BUSI 2101 / FDES 2301
- Course Number (Maryville University): HUM 297
- Prerequisite: There are no pre-requisites for this course
This course is a survey of the global fashion industry emphasizing the role of both design and merchandising and all aspects of the development of apparel and accessories from fiber to finished product in a retail setting. Students will work on assignments and projects that will help them fully understand the depth and breadth of the fashion environment. Group critiques and class discussions will enrich student knowledge of the subject by comparing projects and opinions. The course is intended for students that want a thorough understanding of the global fashion industry and career opportunities within the various levels of the fashion environment.
SRISA studio courses will have personal and course materials to be purchased in Florence. A complete list will be provided with the syllabus on the first day of class.