- Instructor: Andrew Smaldone
- Department: Fine Arts
- Area: Painting and Drawing
- Credit Hours: 3, Contact Hours: 90
- Course Number (SRISA): SART 3103
- Course Number (Maryville University): ART 306
- Prerequisite: It is highly recommended to have taken Drawing I for this course.
Using live nude and costumed models, on-site visits to draw from sculptures, and street life in Florence, students will study the anatomical and structural dynamics of the human figure. This course will emphasize the role of the human figure in both traditional and contemporary art. Materials used include pencil, charcoal, conté and wash drawing.
SRISA studio courses will have personal and course materials to be purchased in Florence. Unless otherwise specified there is no need to bring consumable supplies with you. On the first day of class your professor will inform you of materials needed and where to get them in Florence.