Advanced Interior Design Studio: Contemporary Design in an Historical Setting
- Instructor: Cynthia Mohr
- Department: Design
- Area: Architecture and Interior Design
- Credit Hours: 3, Contact Hours: 90
- Course Number (SRISA): IDES 4101
- Course Number (Maryville University): TBA
- Prerequisite: This is an upper level interior design course intended for students that have completed at least 4 semesters concentrating in interior design.
Expanding on design competency areas achieved through all prior courses, the student will identify specialized project types for investigation. Studio assignments will support the development of design solutions and prepare documentation appropriate to the level of study. A research approach will be used emphasizing historical precedents, industry standards, concept development, and evidence-based design. The student will develop expertise as required to analyze and communicate topic areas.
SRISA studio courses will have personal and course materials to be purchased in Florence. Unless otherwise specified there is no need to bring consumable supplies with you. On the first day of class your professor will inform you of materials needed and where to get them in Florence.