The Mission of SRISA
The mission of SRISA is to provide a rigorous and supportive learning environment that fosters in its students a desire to learn, explore, create, and participate. SRISA emphasizes:
- Skill Development: SRISA provides a solid foundation of the skills necessary for success within the arts, design, and liberal arts fields.
- Research: SRISA encourages and fosters the idea that learning is an ongoing process that continues throughout one’s life. SRISA provides the platform necessary for students to continue research and learning after formal education has ended.
- Critical Thinking: Critical thinking is what draws the line between information and knowledge. The foundation of each course is based on connecting academic information to experiential knowledge.
- Rigor: SRISA is committed to creating an environment that is both rigorous and supportive. The faculty is dedicated to offering a challenging curriculum that aims for the highest standards at the university level.
- Community: In an increasingly global world, the importance of community has never been more important. SRISA staff and faculty create a supportive and collaborative environment for students. This united academic body is at the heart of what makes SRISA exceptional.
SRISA believes that a balanced curriculum of fine art and academic courses provide the most comprehensive experience for students who have chosen Florence as their place of study. Course offerings in Liberal Arts and Culture Studies complement the studio disciplines to provide students with an intellectual framework and historical context for their creative work. Within each discipline, course activities present a combination of traditional approaches and new technologies for the pursuit of artistic ideas.
SRISA is committed to providing a well-trained professional faculty and modern facilities to students along with highly personalized instruction that conforms to the expectations and requirements of an American university curriculum.